[icon-users] Feature Request

  • From: Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 08:56:58 +0000 (GMT)

On 08 Dec, in article <a954254e4f.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Paul Stewart <paulstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would it be possible for the Interactive Spelling Checker to highlight
> the word and not just beep.  Beeping is fine when you have the sound
> on.  But if you have sound off, or for whatever reason are not able to
> hear the beep, highlighting the word, as  happens in the Mpro
> EmailEdit application, is in my book the next best thing.

As someone who can spell better than I can type I would like to second
that. I prefer to check as I type rather than check the document when
finished. Pluto's email editing function is my favourite as it pops up a
window with a list of suggested alternatives - you can't type any more
until the error is dealt with. If something like that was available for
EasiWriter (maybe as an option) I would really appreciate it.

--

Tricia

A wise old Engineer once said: "Knowledge is knowing where to hit it and
experience is knowing how hard!".