[icon-discuss] Re: usb connection setup.

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 09:52:16 -0500

Hi:

Once the drivers have been installed on the PC, you just have to go into
Network manager on the Braille Plus (44) and select the USB connection.  The
rest of the install will then complete on the PC side.  After that, just go to
the Control Panel, select Network Connections and bridge the 2.  It's really
easy.

As far as Registration is concerned, when you update, you will be asked to
register.  This is for our new update system, which will allow you to continue
to be able to update.

Once NLS turns things on at their end, you will go to their web site and
register for their Digital program.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> groovy41@xxxxxxxx 03/31/08 09:42PM >>>
Hello there. I have installed the drivers, and I know I have to create a
profile before I can use the usb connection, and I know I have to get some info
in order to make everything work by putting in some numbers. I guess all of
that info is in the ip config section of my computer? Now once I put in all of
the info will everything work? I just got the unit on Friday, and I have not
updated the unit yet. I am not currently a NLS member and am wondering in the
registration process is there an option where you can select yes or no if you
don't want to part take in NLS? I did go through that program when I was in
school, but now that I am out of school, I really don't want to do that. Should
I call APH in order to do all of this? Thanks everyone for your help.