[icon-discuss] Re: synthesizer improvement

  • From: "Rob Blachowicz" <robjblach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:21:35 -0400

disagree tripple talk.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Esak" <john@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:01 PM
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: synthesizer improvement

I know this is off-topic, but it originally had to do with Icon/BP right?
Anyway, if any kind of other syntesizer support is put into the product.... pleas, oh please let it be Dectalk. I am addicted to the point of requiring
one when I work.  It's not that I don't like Eloquence... which is fine..
not fast enough, but fine. However, if you use Eloquence, you are shackled
to having your computer's other sounds be as loud as your synthesizer.  At
least JAWS, doesn't have a separte voume control.  Maybe other screen
readers do.  But, I have to say, I do like the Icon spech and it is just
fine for me now.

John Esak

P.S. -Perhaps, USB support for Dectalk could be easily implemented by
levelStar, but then you are limited to the Dectalk USB which is so utterly
different than the real Dectalk (serial port model) as to be almost
unusable.  :-(