[icon-discuss] Re: rss and podcasts

  • From: Richard Ehrler <REhrler-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 19:22:25 -0600

Les,
I'm guessing here but believe the reason you only get ten Tek-Talk podcast files when you add their feed address to the rss program has to do with the way the Accessible World web site is configured and nothing much to do with the Icon or Braille Plus rss program. If you use the Icon or Braille Plus web browser to go to the Accessible World site and move down past the various conference room links to the archive links and open the Tek-Talk archive link, you will only find ten of the most recent Tek-Talk podcasts on that page. Immediately after the last podcast shown on that page is a series of numbers and a next page link. The numbers determine which page of Tek-Talk shows you will see if you press okay on that number. The initial page you land on is obviously 1 so pressing okay on 2 through 7 on this page will take you to more pages of Tek-Talk podcasts that will not show up in the rss feed. Each of these pages contains ten more shows on it. These are older shows as you select higher numbered links. Currently, there are more than 60 Tek-Talk podcasts available on that site but you need to use the web browser to get more than the ten most recent shows. I'm thinking we are starting to drift off the main topic of Icon and Braille Plus here so suggest we drop this thread of messages before it becomes an Accessible World topic instead of one LevelStar and APH can support.
Hope this helps
Richard Ehrler