[icon Discussions] problem downloading books from internet book search

  • From: Bernadetta <bernadetta_pracon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 02:29:54 -0500

Hi everyone;
I'm not sure if this list is getting much traffic these days, as the Icon and Braille Plus are pretty much old news, but I love the models and despite their being discontinued, I just purchased my braille plus secondhand. I'm familiar with the basics of it since I used to have one before, but i'm running into an issue I haven't encountered before. Whenever i try to download a book from bookshare, I get a strange error message
error minus 1 unknown error
I have done the following already
* logged in with a valid bookshare username  and password,
* reflashed the unit
* erased the previous owner's registration with the help of APH and reregistered it in my own name
* deleted the library database and tried downloading again.
Still, the error keeps coming up.
Can someone please help me figure this out? is it something having to do with bookshare itself? I tried downloading a book on my computer and was successful in doing so, so I know I haven't hit my limit.
Anyone else ever had this issue?
Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions

Bernadetta
P.S:
My firmware is up-to-date.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.