[icon-discuss] Re: general comments

  • From: "Beth Koenig" <bethko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 20:03:01 -0700

It is most likely possible to use a console program or adapt a current
linux program to do the job. Ideally level star would build these
features into the OS as either apps or plugins. The other thing we
need is a flash player for the web browser and an IM client. The great
thing about these machines is there are so many possibilities. It
would be nice to have a community like the one for Ubuntu. It could be
hosted by levelstar and programs and users could work together on
third party apps.
Beth Koenig
bethko@xxxxxxxxx
Director of Deaf Blind Services
Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center
2960 Main Street A100
Irvine, CA 92614
http://www.deafadvocacy.org/dbs
Health, safety, and productivity are the cornerstones of independence.
At the Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center we provide the training and
services necessary for the deaf and disabled to achieve equality and
independence in all areas of life.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 8:27 AM, richard fiorello
<richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi; as previously stated, although the braille plus will unpack nls and
> bookshare, it currently not unzip other files.  I for one would like encourage
> level star to put this on their to do list.  There are some magazines such as
> the braille forum and newsreel that I can download as one simple zip file but
> currently there is no way to unpack it.  Another concern is lack of accrobat
> reader access.  Unfortunately I don't know much about this operating system
> but
> I wonder if some of the software to deal with .zip and .pdf is currently out
> there and just not included with the machine? Richard

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx