[icon-discuss] Re: Windows XP

  • From: "Blake Galbraith" <blakeblind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:28:50 -0700

I use classic view, so my network places is on my desktop. If you're
using the standard XP start menu, it should be in the start menu. From
the my network places folder, you should fine entire network. In there
will be the workgroups in your network Select your specific workgroup.
When you are inside that folder, your computers will be listed.
An alternative to this would be to directly type the name of the
computer you are sharing files on in the run dialog. If the computers
name is files, then you would do the following. From the desktop, type
windows key plus r, that is, hold your windows key, press r, then
release both keys. Type the following
\\files
Press enter. You should see the list of folders that computer is
sharing. If it doesn't pull up after a few seconds, you have a
problem. This will also work with the Icon, as the Icon uses the
windows networking protocol to share files.
I hope this works for you.