[icon-discuss] Tagging files

  • From: "stacey robinson" <staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:39:38 -0600

Hi,
Here's the message I saved.
From: "Kurt Potter" <kurtshopping@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: Music Date: Saturday, July 14, 2007 6:26 AM

Hi Keith,

Did you get the Braille plus to and the MP3 Tags figured out? I had this problem when I first started using the Icon. Here is what I found to work.

I am sure I was not the only person who had problems with the Icon and MP3 Tags Once I transferred titles to the Icon, I found that it was not placing the music in the genre that was on the MP3 Tag. It seemed to instead be using the song writers name as the genre. With some considerable time and a little help from the list, I resolved this issue. I thought that the steps I took might benefit someone else.

I had used Windows Media Player to rip the music, so that might have been a little bit of my problem. Anyway I hope this helps someone.

Icon and MP3 Tags

1 Before transferring the MP3 files to the Icon make sure the MP3 tags are in ID V 2 and that they are ISO tags and not UTF 16 or UTF 32.

2 If the MP3 tags are in the correct format, you can convert the tags using a program called MP3 Tag. This program can be found at
http://www.blind-computing.com/audio/programs/mp3tagv237asetup.exe

3 After downloading and installing the program you will need to make the following changes.

1 Select less-than Options greater-than from the tools menu.

2 From the tree view select MPEG

3 Place a check in both boxes for read ID 3 V 1 and ID 3 V 2.

4 Be sure the write ID 3 V 1 is not checked.

5 Be sure the write ID 3 V 2 is checked

6 Check the Radio button to write ID 3 V 2.3 ISO 889-1

7 Place a check in the Remove ID 3 V1 check box.

8 Be sure the Remove ID 3 V 2 check box is not checked

9 the Remove APE box should be checked.

Hit the OK button and now you can begin editing your MP3 Tags for transfer to the Icon.

Tagging the files after transfer to the Icon does not appear to work. I suggest tagging the files and then doing the transfer to the Icon.

I hope this makes sense.  If you have any questions let me know.

PAMELA RADER <PRADER@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Keith:

There are hidden MP3 taggs in the MP3 files. Thus, you will need to find an MP3 tagger. You might try doing a search on Google to find one.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT American Printing House For The Blind 1839 Frankfort Ave. Louisville, KY 40206

PHONE: 1-800-223-1839, Ext.  307

greater-than greater-than greater-than keithchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/12/07 02:09PM greater-than greater-than greater-than Hello,

What is the best way to get music on your B plus and have the artist, album, and song titles recognized?

I have tried to name the folder by the artist and the album title as a sub folder and this did not work well. So I tried to name the folder with the artist and album name, but that did not give the results I wanted either.

It is not consistent what works. Can anyone help me understand how to make this work right? I have read the manual but I did not see how to do this.

I was wondering if there are tags in the MP3 files that ID the artist, album, and song name?

TIA,

Keith

Stacey Robinson and GEB dog Chesley
staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx