[icon-discuss] Re: Recc Using an External Microphone

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:10:11 -0500

Hi,

Chris Church refers to this preamp and microphone package as his basic package. He doesn't give any model number. He sells through Ebay but I emailed him and was able to talk with him on the phone. He is in Canada. I do not have his email or web site address handy. I did a search for church-audio on google and figured out how to get in touch with him.

Robert Carter

At 08:31 AM 8/21/2007, you wrote:
Hello Robert, could you please give the model number and price of your preame, then other users could go to the site and order the correct one exactly.

Robert Carter wrote:
Hi Irwin and list,
I am getting good recordings with the Church-Audio microphones using their battery power preamp. This allows me to turn the record level on the Braille Plus down to around 12 getting rid of most of the background noise.
Robert Carter
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:14:38 -0400, Irwin Hott wrote:

Hi, I tried recording with an external microphone today with poor results.

I am using an XLR connector to a Stereo eighth-inch plug. The mic is probably 600 Ohms.

I tried a couple of different mics with the same results.

I had to set the volume at about 50 to get a good signal but there was a lot of background noise that sounded as if it was coming from the Mic preamp.

Any suggestions?

Irwin Hott <ishott@xxxxxxxx>