[icon-discuss] Re: Noisy recordings

  • From: Joe Giovanelli <joegio1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"Icon-discuss" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:22:46 -0700

Steve,

No doubt that trhis is obvious, but if real quiet is needed, you must use an external mike.

I don't how far the AGC goes in terms of recording level, but if it rivals manual settings much over 40 or 50, you'll get electronics noise regardless of the mike used.

I have not verified this, but the impedance of an external might, I repeat, might, have some bearing on the amount of internally generated electronics noise.

Joe G.

At 08:48 AM 6/6/2008, Steve Dresser wrote:
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I tried to make a recording on the hard drive of my Braille+. I used the internal mic with the AGC, with the recorder set to the highest voice quality (32KBPS. When I played the recording back, I heard a scratchy static in the background. I know this was not the result of anything touching the mic, or of anything touching the machine since I was very careful to avoid doing that. Has anyone else run into this problem? I can try a reset, but it sounds like a hardware problem to me.

Steve

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank message with unsubscribe in the subject line to:

For answers to the most frequently asked questions about Icon and Braille +, Visit