[icon-discuss] Make them go away! (Was RSS Questions Redux)

  • From: "Erin" <creative_redemption@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Icon Discuss" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:42:04 -0700

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who gave helpful answers to my questions!  You guys are
incredible!

I was so excited by Lou's suggestion about going into file manager to delete my
already read articles.  So I followed his tips, and it seemed to work...
yay!  But... I went back into the RSS reader and looked at the feed, and the
articles were still there. <sigh>.  I have no idea why it appeared to work
but didn't.  So then I decided to resign myself to the fact that those
articles were going to remain there whether I wanted them to or not.  My
next plan of action was to change my settings so that I allowed fewer feeds
per folder.  I dropped from the default 25 to 15.  "Now that aughtta take
care of some of 'em," I naively thought to myself. I went back to my folder, and,
alas, all 25 articles were still in every single feed.  This doesn't bother
me so much on news feeds where it's obvious by the article's title whether
I've already read it or not, but when I'm reading blogs, as I often do, I
cannot tell which ones I've read and which I haven't because the subjects are usually rather vague. And that leaves me
feeling as if everything in my RSS folder is messy.  Meaning I have too many
junk articles cluttering things up so that I can't tell what's old and
what's not.  And, while that's not the biggest problem in my life by far, I
sure would like to find a solution if there is one.  Is there?

Thanks,
Erin

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx