[icon-discuss] Icon Queries from a Newbie

  • From: "Grant Hardy" <grant_hardy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:35:26 -0700

Hi all,

It is very possible that I will be receiving an Icon Braille Plus shortly,
and have a couple of questions regarding it.

1.      I listened to a review of the Icon Braille Plus, and it appeared
that the speed at which you can Braille on the keyboard is still a bit slow.
Is it correct to say, given the smaller keyboard size, that it is still much
more efficient to Braille on a full-sized Braille keyboard?

2.      Is it possible, within the Email client of the Icon, to filter
messages automatically into specific folders?

3.      Is it possible, right now, to play Wma, MP3 and Shoutcast audio
streams?

4.      There was a question on the Main Menu review about whether one can
purchase the Icon in Canada.  Though Larry’s answer was yes, it specifically
states on the Levelstar website that you can only order an Icon from within
the U.S..  Has this problem, thus, been addressed?

Thanks all,

Grant

7:44 AM