[icon-discuss] Re: DECTalk

  • From: "Johnny Lam" <johnnybrl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fb-oe@xxxxxxx>, <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:22:32 -0700

I completely agree with that! I myself am a Dectalk fan. I like the Dectalk's
voices, specially Paul.  I like the old classic Dectalk speech than the newer
fonix one.  The older dectalk versions sound more human-like, and I noticed
that the older version,  the inflections sound better than the newer versions.

So it would be great if the icon/bp could let you install your own
synthesizers.  And yes, Dectalk doesn't take up much room as the more natural
sounding voices like RealSpeak Solo.  ----- Original Message -----