[icon-discuss] Contemplating purchasing an Icon or a Braille Plus

  • From: Jerry Matheny <starnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:32:15 -0600

Hey list, I've been contemplating purchasing an Icon or Braille Plus as my current laptop type computer isn't meeting my expectations. From what I heard the Icon or Braille Plus is very portable and seems pretty good, however some of the stories that have been circulating around make me kind of cautious. Are the units pretty durable, or do they break easy? Would I be able to put it in my pocket and take it around when I go places without it breaking too easily? Is it better to go with levelstar or APH to get the best support? Oh, and I was wondering if some new version might be coming out soon that might make more since for me to hold off until then before getting one? If someone could please message me back and let me know their thoughts it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx