[icon-discuss] Braille Plus Repair

  • From: "Irwin Hott" <ihott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 21:43:27 -0400

I ordered my Braille Plus in early June from APH and received it quickly on the
22nd of June.  Unfortunately it was dead out of the box.

I mailed it back to APH on the 25th of june after some great help from Fred
Gissoni.

It sat at APH for at least a week because of the Summer conventions, and they
did not have a new unit to replace it.

As of this date I still have not received the unit back.  As much as I think I
will love the unit, repairs taking this long are unacceptable.

Since apparently the units need to go back to LevelStar for repair, there needs
to be a much more streamlined repair procedure.

APH may need to set up something with Exchange units, or allow units to be sent
to and returned from LevelStar directly.

It is going to be difficult for me to recommend the unit to anyone else after
this repair experience.