[icon-discuss] Re: Bookshelf question

  • From: "Levelstar Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'matthew Dyer'" <ilovecountrymusic483@xxxxxxxxx>, "'icon-discuss'" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 21:17:47 -0600

Matthew, here are some questions and suggestions....

How many books do you have in the bookshelf?  Depending on number of books,
the bookshelf may take a few minutes to rebuild after library.db has been
deleted, or up to several hours.  Until the bookshelf is rebuilt, new books
will not be listed.  When the rebuilding is complete, Icon will emit a
chirp.

To determine if the bookshelf is still busy rebuilding the catalog, tap
twice the status button.  If rebuilding is complete, Icon will only announce
"Bookshelf", otherwise it may tell you "scanning for books", or may announce
the name of the title being unpacked.

How did you put books in the import folder?  By downloading Bookshare books
using the Internet search? By downloading a book from the web browser? By
copying a book from a PC?

What kind of books did you put in the import folder?  Bookshare books? NLS
DTBs, Other books? What format?

Where is your import folder?  It should be in the hard drive in
\library\books.  If it is elsewhere, automatic import will not take place.

Lastly, after the Bookshelf has emitted the catalog rebuild completion
chirp, please go in the bookshelf menu and turn off automatic catalog
update....

Open menu,
downarrow to "Turn Auto catalog update Off"
Press OK.
Open the menu again.... you should now find "Turn Auto catalog update
On".... If the item still says "off", press OK again.

After this operation, Bookshelf will still import books automatically from
import folder, but it will not rebuild the entire catalog each time.... and
Bookshelf will be much faster.

What software version are you running?

Regards,

G.