[icon-discuss] 1.1 update experience

  • From: "Dave Hunt" <dave.hunt2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 00:10:53 -0400

I'm now happily running the 1.1 build on my Icon, for which we've all been
eagerly waiting.  The process of updating from 1.06.21 was not as easy as we'd
hoped.  When I downloaded 1.06.28, the transfer took well over an hour, and
there was no indication that it had finished.  I had to keep hitting the status
key to check progress, since the progress clicks stopped long before the
transfer was complete.  When the download finished, My Icon did nothing.  I had
to kill the Software Updater from the task manager.  Having done that, I found
the 1.06.28 file and ran it from File Explorer.  The program ran normally.  I
proceeded to register my unit as directed, without apparent difficulty.  When I
proceeded to get the 1.1 update, the download took very long, and quite
possibly didn't finish, even though the progress meter showed 100%.  I never
found the update file on my unit (yes, I was made aware that it would have the
extension of ".lsi").  Following a tip from another contributer to this list, I
got the needed file from the APH web site, using the Icon's browser.  The
download and installation worked smoothly.  I would suggest that future updates
be made available on the APH and/or Levelstar site(s) immediately upon release.

Regards,

Dave