[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 15 Jan 2008 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte (milabont)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:36:58 -0500

Minutes from the 15 Jan 2008 ibis-quality meeting are attached. ARs:

AR: Mike update titles in IQ specification
AR: Mike update "datasheet" to "data sheet" in IQ specification

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

ROLL CALL
  Adam Tambone
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
  Benny Lazer
  Benjamin P Silva
  Bob Cox, Micron
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Brian Arsenault
  David Banas, Xilinx
* Eckhard Lenski, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Eric Brock
* Guan Tao, Huawei Technologies
  Gregory R Edlund
  Hazem Hegazy
  John Figueroa
  John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  Katja Koller, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Kevin Fisher
* Kim Helliwell, LSI Logic
  Lance Wang, IOMethodology
  Lynne Green
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco Systems
  Mike Mayer, SiSoft
* Moshiul Haque, Micron Technology
  Peter LaFlamme
  Randy Wolff, Micron Technology
  Radovan Vuletic, Qimonda
  Robert Haller, Enterasys
  Roy Leventhal, Leventhal Design & Communications
  Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
  Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Kazuyoshi Shoji, Hitachi
  Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for patent disclosure:

- No one declared a patent.

AR Review:

- Moshiul write an example of [Receiver Thresholds] Vth_min/Vth_max
  - Done

- Mike change text of 5.2.16 to require basis documentation
  - Done

- Mike send out 1.1z version of IQ specification
  - Done

- David produce response to JEITA
  - Done
  - Waiting for David to be present for discussion.

New items:

Web sharing:
- Mike forgot to use MeetingPlace for this meeting
  - Will do this for the next meeting.

Moshiul will not be calling in for the next month.

Discussion of 5.2.18 changes from Moshiul:
- Moshiul: do we need checks for Threshold_Sensitivity?
- Kim: Check titles need to be consistent
  - "reasonable" is OK
  - Should we choose "correct" over "match data sheet"?
    - Kim: Sometimes from data sheet, sometimes from JEDEC
    - Kim: NWe need to define "correct"
    - Moshiul: the data sheet should be the reference
  - "present" is better than "complete"
  - We settled on "present" and "match data sheet"
  - Mike: how about "5.1.4. {LEVEL 2}  [Model] C_comp is correct"?
    - We can use "Correct" for items that are never from a data
    - Discussion of C_comp extraction methods
      - Bob: a TDR can separate die and pkg capacitance
    - We changed this to a "reasonable" check

- Mike: [Receiver Thresholds] should be useful for HSTL
  - HSTL receivers use a Vref signal
- No single subparameter of [Receiver Thresholds] is actually required
  - They are used in different combinations for different cases

AR: Mike update titles in IQ specification

- Mike: is datasheet 1 word or two?
  - We decided: "data sheet"

AR: Mike update "datasheet" to "data sheet" in IQ specification

Next meeting:

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

Meeting ended at 12:05 PM Eastern Time.