[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 13 Nov 2007 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte (milabont)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:02:43 -0500

Minutes from the 13 Nov 2007 ibis-quality meeting are attached. ARs:

AR: Mike mark IQ 5.3.3 for deletion
AR: Mike unswap "S" & "M" in 5.3.17
AR: Mike will send link to Arpad's presentation

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

ROLL CALL
  Adam Tambone
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
  Benny Lazer
  Benjamin P Silva
  Bob Cox, Micron
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Brian Arsenault
* David Banas, Xilinx
* Eckhard Lenski, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Eric Brock
  Gregory R Edlund
  Hazem Hegazy
  John Figueroa
  John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  Katja Koller, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Kevin Fisher
* Kim Helliwell, LSI Logic
  Lance Wang, IOMethodology
  Lynne Green
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco Systems
  Mike Mayer, SiSoft
* Moshiul Haque, Micron Technology
  Peter LaFlamme
  Radovan Vuletic, Qimonda
  Robert Haller, Enterasys
  Roy Leventhal, Leventhal Design & Communications
  Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
  Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Kazuyoshi Shoji, Hitachi
  Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for patent disclosure:

- No one declared a patent.

AR Review:

- none

New items:

Bob reported that Guan from Huawei is interested in joining our group.
- David proposed asking Huawei to review our JEITA response.
- Bob has sent an email to Guan.

David sent a template document for our reply to JEITA.
- We did not discuss this today.

Continued review of JEITA feedback on the IQ specification:

#11: 5.3.3 {LEVEL 3}  I-V tables have reasonable numerical range
- The check recommends truncating currents over 1A
- Mike: Poor polynomial modeling of jagged table data can cause DC offsets
- Bob: choice of spline modeling is up to the simulator
  - interpolation may be better than truncation
  - Not all simulators combine curve currents
- David proposed matching the IBISCHK 10 amp limit
  - Mike: In that case the IQ check would offer nothing beyond IBISCHK
- Kim: Do we need this check?
- We voted to drop this check

AR: Mike mark IQ 5.3.3 for deletion

#12: 5.3.14. {LEVEL 3}  On-die termination modeling documented
- Mike: JEITA members may have felt that the work to do this is not justified
- Kim: It is more work, but we have not shied away from asking for more work
- David: Maybe JEITA interpreted it as a requirement for inner physical details
  - Termination value may be found at some center point on non-linear curves
  - The check requires checking for double-counting of ODT currents
- David would not want to demand ODT in the buffer name
  - Bob: Naming is preferred, but a comment will suffice
    - Can also note it in [Model Selector] comment
    - May be best to have it in [Notes] if not the preferred way
- We voted to clarify the check, and inform JEITA that we are not calling
  for internal details
- Response to JEITA will not include modified check text
- Bob: We should take the action item to modify the check

#13: 5.3.17. {LEVEL 3} Correlate IV curves to combined curves.
- Our check really does have "S" & "M" swapped in the text
- This will be fixed.

AR: Mike unswap "S" & "M" in 5.3.17

#14: 5.4.5. {LEVEL 3}  Output and IO buffers have should have 2 sets of V-T
tables
- David: Did Shohji give a rationale for providing only 1 waveform set?
  - Mike: Can't recall, maybe it was based on tradition
- David: Has anyone written about how to determine turnon/turnoff?
  - Kim: Al Davis wrote something
  - Mike: Arpad's HDL models are instructive
    - Bob: Many have written about this
- Eckhard: maybe "set" is misunderstood
  - Mike: "set" means a rising/falling pair
  - David: maybe we should have said "one set", a syntactical error
- Bob: We say "may" instead of "shall", should be fixed

AR: Mike will send link to Arpad's presentation

#15: 5.5.9. {LEVEL 3}  [Ramp] dt is consistent with data sheet
- We agreed with Shohji that datasheets do not give dt
- At some point we will consider other ways to check [Ramp] values.

Next meeting:

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)
Phone: 1.877.384.0543 or 1.800.743.7560
Passcode: 90437837