[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 08 jan 2008 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte (milabont)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:55:36 -0500

Minutes from the 08 jan 2008 ibis-quality meeting are attached.

New ARs:

AR: Mike send out 1.1z version of IQ specification
AR: Moshiul write an example of [Receiver Thresholds] Vth_min/Vth_max

Old ARs:
AR: Mike Post Eckhard's presentation to web site
AR: Mike change text of 5.2.16 to require basis documentation
AR: David produce response to JEITA

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

ROLL CALL
  Adam Tambone
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
  Benny Lazer
  Benjamin P Silva
  Bob Cox, Micron
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Brian Arsenault
* David Banas, Xilinx
* Eckhard Lenski, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Eric Brock
* Guan Tao, Huawei Technologies
  Gregory R Edlund
  Hazem Hegazy
  John Figueroa
  John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  Katja Koller, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Kevin Fisher
* Kim Helliwell, LSI Logic
  Lance Wang, IOMethodology
  Lynne Green
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco Systems
  Mike Mayer, SiSoft
* Moshiul Haque, Micron Technology
  Peter LaFlamme
  Randy Wolff, Micron Technology
  Radovan Vuletic, Qimonda
  Robert Haller, Enterasys
  Roy Leventhal, Leventhal Design & Communications
  Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
  Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Kazuyoshi Shoji, Hitachi
  Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for patent disclosure:

- No one declared a patent.

AR Review:

- Mike Post Eckhard's presentation to web site
  - Done

- Mike change text of 5.2.16 to require basis documentation
  - TBD

- David produce response to JEITA
  - 38% done

New items:

Web sharing:
- Mike will try using MeetingPlace for our next meeting
- The IBIS Open Forum will be using this too

5.2.18. [Receiver Thresholds] Vth, Vth_min and Vth_max complete
- Moshiul: Maybe we should add an example to this
  - Mike: Maybe an example would be better in 5.2.19, not 5.2.18.
- Mike: IQ has no check for [Receiver Thresholds] Voltage_Sensitivity
- We wondered what simulators do with this information.
- Bob: IBIS is just conveying data from the JEDEC spec.
  - IBIS does not say what to do with it.
  - Moshiul: Agree
- We discussed the exact meaning of Vth_min and Vth_max:
  - Bob: SPICE will only produce a single value for Vth.
  - Kim: is Vth_min/Vth_max a process variation?

AR: Mike send out 1.1z version of IQ specification

AR: Moshiul write an example of [Receiver Thresholds] Vth_min/Vth_max

Next meeting:

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)
Phone: 1.877.384.0543 or 1.800.743.7560
Passcode: 90437837