[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 08 Oct 2013 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: Mike LaBonte <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:23:53 -0400

Minutes from the 08 Oct 2013 ibis-quality meeting are attached.

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11:00-12:00 EST (08:00-09:00 PST)

ROLL CALL

Cisco Systems:                      Tony Penaloza
Ericsson:                           Anders Ekholm
Green Streak Programs:              Lynne Green
Huawei Technologies:                Guan Tao
IBM:                                Bruce Archambeault
                                    Greg Edlund
IOMethodology:                      Lance Wang
Intel:                            * Michael Mirmak
Mentor Graphics:                    John Angulo
Micron Technology:                  Moshiul Haque,
                                    Randy Wolff
Nokia Siemens Networks:             Eckhard Lenski
QLogic Corp.:                       James Zhou
Signal Consulting Group:            Tim Coyle
Signal Integrity Software         * Mike LaBonte
Teraspeed Consulting Group:       * Bob Ross
Texas Instruments:                  Pavani Jella

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for opens and IBIS related patent disclosures:

- None

AR Review:

- None

New items:

IBISCHK extension to test executables:

- Michael M: We should check for things like zero C_comp, no I-V current.
  - This is a sign of an absent analog model.
  - Some DLLs incorrectly have an "analog model" embedded in them.
- Mike L: Agree

- Michael M: Should we test Max_Aggressors? The number might be billions.
- Mike L: We could have our own limit, with an option to not enforce it.

- Michael M: What would be the developer cost for minimal testing?
- Mike L: It might be less work for Atul if the test program is separate.
- Bob: We would want sample DLL contributions for testing.

- Michael M: Can we test to see if the model responds to parameter like
Init_Returns_Impulse?
- Mike L: The return can be diffed against the original to see if the wave is
modified.

- Michael M: Will this add too much and delay the parser?
- Mike L: People will want the basic parser first, this might be a second
release.
- Bob: I would favor making this a second project.
- Mike L: Would the front end logic be in IBISCHK or in the other program?
  - Either one could set up the tests and check results.
- Bob: There should be an option to not run the DLL check.

- We decided to meet weekly while this matter is under discussion.
- The next steps are to make a list of requirements, refine that, then file an
IBISCHK bug.

- Bob: We also need to test the new AMI_Resolve() function.

- Michael M: The parser is dumb, it just gives warnings with no user
interpretation.
  - The test kits will produce data that must be looked at by someone.
- Mike L: We should have it compare against golden data.

Meeting ended at 12:18 Eastern Time.