[ibis-quality] Minutes, IBIS Quality Teleconference 28 Mar 2006

  • From: "Mike LaBonte (milabont)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:28:44 -0500

Kazuyoshi Shoji
Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by  *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

- Review of minutes for 14 Mar 2006

Minutes approved.

- Announcements - EIA Call for Patent Disclosure:

No company declared a patent.

- AR Review

Mike resolve mail list problems
- done. No email servers errors, it was a problem using stationery to
  send email, which was introducing too many header lines in the email.

Mike will revise bug report
- done, posted to the web site.

Kim will test the testcase
- done, works OK.

- Opens for new items

- Review of updated parser bug report for IQ 2.2 check

Approved as written. File should be sent as an attachment, it will be
renamed.

AR: Mike send parser bug report to ibis-bug@xxxxxxx

- Review of iq_spec_ibischk_review2aug2005.txt

It was difficult to find the latest IQ specification on the website. We
looked at the ibis-macro website and agreed that it would be good to
redesign the ibis-quality website in that mold.

AR: Mike clone macromodel web page for IQ

CHANGE: In section 1.1 add 5 bullets describing the 5 IQ levels.

This lead to a discussion of problems with the current IQ numbering
system.
The lowest quality level is 0, which sounds like "no quality". We
wondered how
entrenched our current numbering system is, and if it is possible to
change at
this point. Kim said that someone on the silist was asking for a level 1
model
at one time. We should ask the silist if anyone is using it internally.

We do know that Micron is using IQ and would like to change the
numbering so
that the lowest level is not 0. We could change to a letter grade system
to avoid confusion.  Using sequential ABCDE we would have to choose
whether A
is high quality or low quality. It depends on which end of the spectrum
needs
to be left open for expansion, and if there might be confusion with
school
grades if A is low quality.

Another possibility is to use non-sequential letters that signify a
word:
  I bischk
  Q uality checklist
  M easurement
  S imulation

Even better, the letters could cumulatively form a multiple letter
quality
designation. For example, I means the file has passed only ibischk and
IQMS means the file has passed all checks.

We may have "piled on" too many checks, making it difficult to achieve
the
current level 1 designation.  As far as we know only SiSoft uses
overshoot
parameters, for example, and these are not readily available. A further
issue with the overshoot parameters is that IBIS can't capture the new
DDR2 overshoot specs from JEDEC (V-s integration).

We decided to continue discussion of improving the IQ rating system in
the next meeting. Also we hope that Moshiul Haque would be present for
the discussion, since he previously registered the points discussed.

AR: Bob contact Moshiul Haque about the next meeting

Next meeting:

Apr 11 2006
11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)
Phone: 1.877.384.0543 or 1.800.743.7560