[ibis-quality] A new topic for tomorrow on-die-termination

  • From: Lenski Eckhard <eckhard.lenski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:16:06 +0200

Hell all,

We have described the on-die-termination as follows:

4.3.14 {LEVEL 1}  On-die termination modeling documented

  Any IBIS models with on-die termination should be labeled as such
  using comment lines.  On die termination should be modeled in [Power
  Clamp] and/or [GND Clamp] tables.  Document the method used to embed
  the termination into the clamps.

But what happens, when we have an on-die-termination, which can be non-driving
/ driving only ??
( e.g. DDR2 with ODT )

Then we need I think a submodel, because if you put it in the clamps, it will
always be there.

I just wanted to figure out, that we have to discuss about  the chapter 4.3.14
tomorrow

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Eckhard Lenski
Siemens AG
Communications / CAE libraries and models
Com SC SL CE23
Hofmannstr. 51
81359 München
Germany