[ibis-interconn] Re: Draft of TSIRD 2.1 for review

  • From: "Angulo, John" <john_angulo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>, "IBIS-Interconnect" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:22:13 -0700

Michael,

My apologies: in the various hex examples I have sent so far, I have
exercised almost every available degree of freedom to provide wrong
information :).  In the example text incorporated into the latest draft
of TSIRD2.1, I provided the little-endian double-precision
representation of 1.0 instead of 10.0.

Read in ascending address order, the text "40 24 00 00 00 00 00 00" is
the big-endian double-precision representation of 10.0 in hex.

So, in the lastest draft, we must replace the eight bytes of hex
following the initial zero byte with "00 00 00 00 00 00 24 40" to
provide the little-endian representation.

The remainder of the hex example in the lastest draft is indeed the
little-endian single-precision representation of the ASCII text later in
the text.

Best regards,
John