[ian-reeds-games] Re: Error downloading when having manually downloaded a map pack before

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 22:04:32 +1300

craig I have no idea what goes with this it shouldn't matter.
but if you delete the pack then download it via the program it works.
it must have a sertain signature.

At 01:47 AM 12/9/2013, you wrote:
Hi Ian,

I'm having trouble updating Allan's Age of Warlords map pack.

I believe I manually downloaded the map pack before. And now when I try to update it in-game, it gets angry at me and throws an exception. The exception I get is this:

System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound) at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
at Game.Downloading.HandleCompletedDownload() in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Downloading.cs:line 93 at Game.Downloading.Process(Empty ent) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Downloading.cs:line 60 at Game.StateMachine`1.Process() in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\StateMachine.cs:line 38 at Game.Form1.RunGameLoop(Boolean keyPressed) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 381 at Game.Form1.GameLoopTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 324
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I may have misdiagnosed the bug, it may be something else causing it, but those are the steps I took and the result I got. I'm going to try deleting that map pack and downloading again.

I thought you'd want to know though.

Cheers,

Craig