Re: [i3] i3lock doesn't process keypad correctly

  • From: lee <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 16:42:36 +0200

lee <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Michael Stapelberg <michael@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi Simon,

Simon Thelen <archmailing5@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
i3lock doesn't seem to get numbers when typed on the keypad and refuses
to unlock the screen even when the password was typed correctly.
i3lock inverts the numlock for whatever reason.
So if you can type with your numpad when the screen is unlocked, you
have to press the numlock key in order to type numbers when the screen
is locked.

i3lock: version 2.5 (2013-06-09) © 2010-2012 Michael Stapelberg
Odd. I never use the numpad, so I didn’t notice this when testing. Since
i3lock 2.5, we actually use libxkbcommon for the entire input
handling. Please check that you have the latest version of that and
report a bug with the authors at
https://github.com/xkbcommon/libxkbcommon

https://github.com/xkbcommon/libxkbcommon/issues/1

One of the devs has answered and says it needs to be fixed in i3lock.

--
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No error here")
signal(error ("No error here"))