Re: [i3] Nested key bindings?

  • From: Axel Wagner <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: i3-discuss <i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 23:24:58 +0100

Hi,

if I'm not totally mistaken, the new command-parser of -tree was
supposed to support command-chaining, I remember explicitly talking
about that to sECuRE. So with command-chaining you could do something
like the “bind Mod1+34 exec 'i3-msg "h"; i3-msg "mode default"'“-stuff
with i3-internals.
Iirc the mode-stuff was one of the reasons I suggested command-chaining
as a vital part of any new command-syntax in the first place.

So though sECuRE noted it as „nice to have“ my answer would have
actually been „planned for -tree“ ;)

Greetings,

Merovius