Re: [i3] Change colours of top panel in stacked and tabbed layouts

  • From: Anthony Campbell <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 12:48:46 +0000
On 14 Jan 2012, Miguel de Val-Borro wrote:

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 12:24:07PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
I've recently been trying out a number of different tiling WMs and i3 is
currently the one I've liked best.

Just one problem I can't figure out: in the stacked and tabbed layouts,
the greyed-out names of the non-focused windows are all but invisible on
the dark background. Is there any way to change this, e.g. by altering
the font or the background colour?

The color of the unfocused windows can be changed in the
client.unfocused setting of the config file. By default the colors
for the border, background and text are:

client.unfocused #333333 #222222 #888888

See the user guide for more details:
http://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#_changing_colors

Miguel

Excellent! Many thanks for the instantaneous very helpful reply.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Microsoft-free zone - using Linux