[i3-discuss] Re: cannot run ardesia in i3.

  • From: Zenny <garbytrash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 11:24:08 +0100

On 12/11/15, Zenny <garbytrash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/8/15, Ingo Bürk <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

why not run a compositor then, such as compton?

With compton, all i3 workspaces disappeared. No ardesia option sidebar
visible.

$ ardesia
Enabled Device in screen 2. 0x65c590: "Virtual core pointer" (Type: 0)

All workspaces dissappeared.

And when I try to change to another console (say ctrl+alt+f1), then it
gives "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" after getting back to
ctrl+alt+f7 where the x window is running.

Ingo

On 12/08/2015 09:59 PM, Zenny wrote:
Hi,

I tried to run ardesia in i3, but failed as ardesia works only in
composite wms. Is there any workarounds? Thanks!

/z