[huskerlug] Re: Ubuntu Linux

  • From: "G. A. Gallup" <ggallup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:54:25 -0600

Hi Gabe,
    Thanks very much for that information.  I do as you suggest, and
the result is identical to what you obtain???
    Interestingly enough, I now seem to have screwed up what did work.
  Now, stuff from the BBC newsfeed, for example, doesn't even show the
blank rectangular black hole with the arrow in int???
Linux is sometimes very educational.
GAG

Quoting Gabe Ives <gabe@xxxxxxxxx>:

> actually you just type about:plugins in the address bar, where you
> normally type a web address.  It comes up as a web page.
> G. A. Gallup wrote:
>> Hi Gabe,
>> I've been asked this before at other times, and I don't know how to
>> get to this point in FireFow.  What's the button sequence?
>> GAG
>>

>> Quoting Gabe Ives <gabe@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>

>>> Do you see the flash plugin in Firefox's about:plugins?
>>> Mine has this:
>>>
>>> Shockwave Flash
>>>
>>>     File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
>>>     Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
>>>
>>> MIME Type                         Description         Suffixes     Enabled
>>> application/x-shockwave-flash     Shockwave Flash     swf          Yes
>>> application/futuresplash          FutureSplash Player spl          Yes

>>> ----
>>> Husker Linux Users Group mailing list
>>> To unsubscribe, send a message to huskerlug-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> with a subject of UNSUBSCRIBE