[huskerlug] Re: Ubuntu 8.04

  • From: "Longzhang Tian" <ikki3355@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:38:03 -0500

I perfer net install. that is downloading the two file "initrd.gz" and
"vmlinuz" to anywhere of my hard disk and rebooting from these two files
using grub to get into the install interface to continue a fresh
installation of the new release. they are easy and clean. we don't need to
burn CDs.
here is a related link:
http://www.wrigley.me.uk/wp/2005/01/09/ubuntu-netinstall-without-cdrom/
but I do boot