[huskerlug] S.E.N.C.U.G. Meeting

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: (Recipient list suppressed)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:44:19 -0500 (CDT)

I don't know about you guys, what does Colorado have that Nebraska doesn't
well, ok, it has those tall hills called mountains, but you can't even go
skiing in summer!  Anyway, since it appears that many of you won't be around
in June, everyone is on vacation.  I don't know if I'll even go out to the
Library, since I didn't even reserve the Conference Room.  But, who knows I
might decide to haunt the the old place again? ;-)

I'm also disgusted.  In a moment of weakness I saw a dual core Compaq
Presario desktop for sall at less than $300 at Staples.  Well, they were
out, and "tough" as far as they were concerned.  Office Depot, however
matched that price went to some work to find me the Computer, so they're
around $300 richer and I'm that much pooer.  Of course what really disgusts
me is that the Presario works better than even my best 32bit computer!  --in
spite of having Windows 7 on it.

Anyway, my loss is your gain come July, I will put some effort in in
demonstrating VirtualBox, no you won't see Windows XPM because it won't run
on Windows 7 even the deluxe version, (well hint, hint if you want to pay
for my upgrade!...)  anyway, as I told some of you I wouldn't mind do a
demonstration of virtual machine, and now I have even more reason to play
around --seriously-- with VirtualBox.  So, you'll get to see that in July
unless Barney has different ideas, and hopefully he will have some ideas for
Aughust because we will at least have to go on field trip to the main part
of Library since the powers that be have plans for the Conference rooom in
August.   ---Jim

         South East Nebraska Computer Users Group
                          Meeting
                Victor E. Anderson Library
                      Conference Room
                Fremont & Touzalin Streets