[huskerlug] Re: Novell to make SUSE Linux open-source - Computerworld

  • From: Jerry Kreps <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:27:48 -0500

On Friday 05 August 2005 12:04, Jim Worrest wrote:
>     I'm surprised no one on the list has commented about this yet.
> Somewhat interesting
> I think.  ---Jim
> http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/story/0,10801,103660,00.html

If I were still using SUSE I'd be ecstatic, but I'm using MEPIS, so I am not.

I think it is a good idea, however, because SUSE is an excellent distro IF you
like YAST2 and don't want to do much with multimedia, which Novell has
hamstrung in the current releases.

Now, what would be really nice would be if Novell included video acceleration
and a licensed DVD player in their BOXED sets.