[huskerlug] Re: New Kannotix 2005-4 is out

  • From: GreyGeek <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:25:18 -0600

On Monday 02 January 2006 12:45, Jim Worrest wrote:
> =A0 =A0 Setting up printing has not gone well, as it seems to be with Deb=
ian

MEPIS's latest rc is coping with the printing problem too.

I burned a CD for Kanotix-2005-4 and booted it up.   Very Nice!  It recogni=
zed=20
and installed everything, including my 3D graphics card, but failed to dete=
ct=20
the LinkSys wifi card.   The ndiswrapper install is just complicated enough=
=20
that it will discourage 999 out of 1000 noobies who try it.

It was also a perfect KDE 3.4.2 desktop.   The menu has a Klik entry which=
=20
makes access to the 15,900 available klik packages very easy.  Kilk is=20
beginning to approach the Debian repositories on the avalable app count!=20

All in all, Knopper has done a VERY nice job.  =20