[huskerlug] Re: Linux "RealPlayer" substitute?

  • From: rfeese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:03:56 -0500

There is a realplayer plugin for XMMS but it requires that you
have realplayer (or possibly just the realplayer SDK?) installed.
There is also a text mode realplayer that requires that you
have realplayer installed.  Both work pretty well, although they
still require realplayer.

I would encourage people to contact nprn and express their
interest in having the audio stream available in other formats.
Personally, I would like to see them do MP3 or Ogg.  I work
with their encoding and streaming machines and I personally
don't care for realmedia software (although the linux version
of the server hasn't given me too much trouble yet).  Whenever
I tell them that I don't use realplayer at home they get this
puzzled look on their faces.

http://nprn.org/
nprn@xxxxxxx

-Rog