[huskerlug] Re: Knoppix Debian!

  • From: Brian Wiese <bwiese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:20:56 -0600

On 26 Feb 2003 22:15:00 -0600
clundst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

|When I tried to do the "install" it totally hosed my system.  I don't
|know if it is because I was installing Linux on a different harddrive
|than the primary or what.  I ended up totally losing my windows and linux
|install.  The only thing I was able to keep was the user area of my linux
|disks (I burned data to CD from Knoppix, which was nice).  Knoppix really
|shined as an emergency OS.
|
|Needless to say, with my Mandrake 9.1 problems and Knoppix knocking out
|my OSes, I didn't have a good Linux weekend.
|
|Carl Lundstedt
|UNL

Sorry to hear that.  Last I heard, the install hd-install script for
Knoppix is quite beta.  I had a Windows partition, and two spare fat32
partitions... I was able to install it just fine on one of those fat
partitions, the other is for spare data.  I was only using one hard drive
though.

  Brian Wiese | bwiese@xxxxxxxxx | aim: unolinuxguru