[huskerlug] Re: Giving you a break...Debian fstab

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:05:49 -0500

You just just did mount like "/mnt/win-f/ instead of to a folder. :-( I think
it has something to do with that hal/hald that has been introduced.

Debian Gnome when it see those partitions mounted is going to put up its
own icons for those partitions, eventually.  Debian KDE doesn't, but
there are the usual icons for storage media when accessed by Konqueror.

So, I'll probably stick with the double access points, since I do switch
to KDE (Yes, I did add that extra gig, just so I could have it), on
occasion.  If you don't want to see those folder, easily, then put them
I would suppose, in your user group one step up, where they usually won't
be easily accessed and let Gnome eagerly do its thing, or KDE for that
matter.  In KDE I don't like that Windows XP approach, where you have to
go an extra step to access your various partitions.