[hsa] Re: Goodyear summer tires

  • From: "Laurie Kraynick" <herkbabe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 12:18:48 -0400

Keith declares:

As well as all those who follow NASCAR and see GOODYEAR tires everywhere.

Yeah, that's because NASCAR has a contract with GOODYEAR to

provide tires for each team. Tires are issued to the teams on race weekend
and then Goodyear takes them all back at

the end of the event. The teams pay for the tires, but don't have the right
to keep them after racing.

Bridgestone was under contract to provide tires to F1 until 2010, then
Pirelli got the contract.

This has nothing to do with tire quality, its how much the tire manufacturer
is willing to pay NASCAR etc for the

'right' to provide the tires for a fee.

If one wants to use the manufacturer of a particular tire as a benchmark to
its actual quality, you'll have to wait for the

professional car racing clubs to allow the teams to pick their own tires and
compete with them.

_____