[hsa] Re: Everyone ready for the "Carry Optics" division?

  • From: Sean Janicki <seanboy1835@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:26:43 -0400

Keep up with IDPA... No. To promote and sell new models of plastic guns
that are slide ride optic ready ... The only guns that will meet the new
division s rules
On Jul 27, 2015 6:20 PM, "langerlaw@xxxxxxxx" <langerlaw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is this new division supposed to be an actual response to shooter input -
or just a marketing ploy to keep up with IDPA?

KGL

especially since the S&W CORE and Gen 4 Glock 34 is not available in MA

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Sean Janicki <seanboy1835@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Carry optics is going to fail miserably
On Jul 27, 2015 5:55 PM, "Peter Dougenik" <peterdougenik@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Wow...Strader just posted a memo on the USPSA bookface site to address
all the bitching about the weight limit on the Carry Optics division. He
basically came out and said that the plastic gun makers were pulling
support money out of the sport because everyone wants to shoot heavy Tanfo
and CZ guns in production. He also throws in there that the original
intent of Production was not to have to spend a mint to compete and some
crap about responding to the new trend of lightweight carry guns with slide
mounted optics. Not sure I know a single person who would roll with a
slide mounted optic on their actual carry gun but hey I don't know them all
right?

This seems to be getting cluster eff'd six ways to Sunday from both an
implementation and PR standpoint...almost IDPA'ish.

On Jul 24, 2015, at 1:20 PM, Ken Little <ken.little.hsa@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

What is considered a carry optic?

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Peter Dougenik <peterdougenik@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

wonder how much a spare slide is for the CZ....hmmm....

"Probably the most notable item is that we decided to give “Carry
Optics” a formal try. In essence, as soon as the systems are modified to
score and process the activity, we’ll give the green-light to run “Carry
Optics” as a provisional division, within a bunch of guard-rails:
— level-1 matches only
— guns must be under a specified weight, all-up, including optic and
empty mag
— other than that, all other production-division equipment rules apply
We’re doing this as an experiment, to see whether there really is
interest from membership and industry in this new segment. We’ll run it
this way through the end of the year, evaluate the data, and then decide
whether to keep going, change it, expand it into bigger matches,
or…something else."

--
Dr Stewart Ginsberg OD

Natick Eye Associates
1364 Worcester Rd
Natick MA 01760
508-655-8127

*Old School Yearbook Pics*
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
<http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/55b6ae72745542e720206st03vuc>
classmates.com
<http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/55b6ae72745542e720206st03vuc>