[homeclinic] Re: (ge washer problem

  • From: "Kenneth J. Kovler" <kkovler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <homeclinic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:40:45 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for all the replies. It turned out that the transmission clutch is
most likely suspect. Too expensive to worry about on this 23 year old
washer. My decision for a new washer came after I tore into it and found
that the basket is very rusty. I was told that GE made terrible washers
back them. I can't complain though, I only replaced a pump about 10 years
ago and it served me well over the years. I just hope the new washer I
recently bought(Roper)will give me such good service. They seem to be
built lighter and with more plastic parts.

 ken

Once upon a time on Thu, 2 Aug 2001,at 7:17pm Glenn George wrote about:...

> You may have a brake problem. Later GE's trannys failed. Every one of them
> failed. Go to www.handymanwire.com.

View the Archives at //freelists.org/archives/homeclinic