[hllug] Linux is turning magical with d-bus and config files are disappearing!

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:06:07 -0500

Just an observation!

I noticed in Fedora 11 that there is no longer an xorg.conf file in
"/etc/X11". So, it appears that "d-bus" has fully taken over now!

And there is no "/etc/hostname" file. To change the hostname, you have to
use a binary utility called "hostname".

Not sure I like this move to a magical hidden location for configuring the
system.

The d-bus config files are xml files I believe and the documentation is
somewhat more complex to fathom.

--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.bubbasgeek.com

"When it comes to Vista: just say NO! If you're not ready for Linux, buy a
MAC!" - Lee Parmeter
"God is not a republican or a democrat nor is His government a democracy!"
- Lee Parmeter