[hllug] Re: GX260 woes.

  • From: Don Crowder <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:02:21 -0600

On 11/06/2011 02:33 PM, hc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hey Don I also had trouble with upgrading from 8.04 to 10.04 with a
failure to boot that was a failed Grub but this sounds like your fail is
before grub. I tried to access the hllug archive to reread your
complaint but could not enter site.

I doubt I can help but wanna reiterate your sequence of events and the
run level failure occurs? Or is BIOS not loading?

No, the bios is fine, it just fails to load the desktop. Don't know if you're familiar with the way KDE boots up, showing icons on a pop-up screen as things initialize. It "sticks" on the next-to-last icon, the desktop, and goes no further. I'm thinking I should just go ahead and install Kubuntu 10.04 LTS. I think it will run ok on these machines. My only concern was to get the latest version of Firefox, flash and java. Do you know whether or not they're available in 10.04?