[hllug] DSL on IBM 380D

  • From: Cranz Nichols <wb5bkl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LIST - HLLug <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:34:01 -0600

In a moment I will post my install notes about getting DSL to run on the
new-to-me IBM ThinkPad 380D.

I tried to make the install notes sparse - sort of a how-to for those
with a 380D that was CD-impaired.  The notes would have been quite
different if the CD drive was not so unreliable.

And, of course, I am sure that this is not the only way to do the
install - but it is the way that worked for me.

Again I will personally thank Lee, John and my son Ian for their help
and encouragement.

I do plan to post another note about all of the errors that I made
during this project - but there were so many, I had to start that
documentation over.  Maybe tomorrow.

I do plan to bring this marvelous device to the HLLUG meeting this
weekend.

cln
Meanest Man on Emeralds Drive