[hllug] Another distro for low-end and UMPC's

  • From: Lee Parmeter <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:28:53 -0600

Another Distro for low-end and ultra-mini PCs (UMPCs) that might be fun
to play with!

"Linpus Linux Lite is designed to run on low-end PCs with a modest
366MHz CPU, 128MB of DRAM, and 512MB of disk space, says Linpus."

<http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8787050045.html>

Might be interesting to see how well it runs on some of Don's renown
Linux PC's.

Linpus is also reported to support touchscreen displays out of the box,
so I may have an opportunity to give it a whirl soon. I got Puppy
working nicely on an Advantech Touch Panel PC with a 512MB Compact Flash
card but I was unable to find an on-screen keyboard solution. Linpus,
with it's underlying KDE base, may prove to be a much more complete
solution.

Link to Advantech Touch Panel PC:
http://tinyurl.com/2vt5ss

Sometimes, I just have too much fun at the office!

--
Lee Parmeter
http://www.bubbasgeek.com

"When it comes to Vista: just say NO! If you're not ready for Linux, buy a
MAC!" - Lee Parmeter
"God is not a republican or a democrat nor is His government a democracy!" -
Lee Parmeter