[hipl-users] Re: Problem during Testing HIP connection between two locally connected hosts using an IPv6 application

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:09:12 +0300

Adrian Alvarez wrote:

Hi,

I got connection refused, but after allowing tcp port 1111 in iptables/ip6tables it started working.

I added some bug reporting instructions to bugzilla. Please give all information for us to try to reproduce the problem:

http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/ch08.html

Are you running kernel version >= 2.6.27?

Hi all, We are having some problems trying establish communications between two hosts using hip. We have followed the instruction of the manual very closely, however, it is impossible to transfer some date from one host to another using hip.

We are using wireshark to monitor the exchange, and we were able to observe the following:

1) HIP base exchange between the two hosts is completed.
2) TCP data transfer via HIP is not realized.
3) The initiator node sends a TCP SYN with the HIT info, but the responder node fails to send an ACK back.

This seems similar to Shashank's issue.
Any light on this matter would be useful.

Thank you all.
Adrian.

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 3:56 PM, shashank m <shashanm@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:shashanm@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello,
        I was trying to connect two systems locally using hip with an
        IPV6 application given in the manual.*Conntest-client* and
        *conntest-server*.I have disabled opendht support as I have
        given the mapping between the HIT s and Ipv6 addresses manually
        using *hipconf*.

        after executing "Conntest-client-hip [HIT_server] tcp 1111"

        it prints the mapping with the hit and IPV6 address of the
        server and the base exchange happens but the messages are not
        transmitted to the server .I think that the mapping is not
        working properly in the code .Please do solve the problem

        in the client console i often see this messsae

        """------State established not triggering bex--------" this
        message comes repeatedly .I think this is only because of the
        mapping problem .Correct me if I am wrong.

    Thanks in advance,

    Regards,
    Shashank.M.