[hipl-dev] Re: systemctl advice

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:52:46 -0400

I have been asking about systemctl on the fedora list to see if there is a way to work around the slow start time for hipfw and hipd (when hipd is working, as it isn't right now due to a dependency update, I think).

And I was pointed to:

Seek advice at
systemd-devel -- systemd Development Mailing List

And more advice:

On 04/17/2014 03:33 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 03:15:57PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
There's not going to be a systemctl option -- but what does your .service
file look like?
What .service file?  Where do I look for it?  if you mean a file
with a name of 'hipfw.service', no such animal.  But then the hip
coding currently does not support systemctl.
Ah, I see. It's using the initscripts compatibility. I think to get best
results, you probably actually want to write a native service file. This is
pretty simple, really - see
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Systemd> for some help.

Probably easier to do for right now?

But you may already know this. But be aware that Redhat/Centos 7 will be using systemctl in place of service. Though I will probably have to support a number of Centos 6 servers for this project.