[hipl-dev] Re: [Merge] lp:~cviethen/hipl/pisa-pairing into lp:hipl

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mp+63577@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 06:21:01 -0000

Review: Needs Fixing
I have few comments.

1. The "pair" is somewhat misleading, I think it can be mixex with HIT-IP
mapping which has a different hipconf command. I think "bex", "trigger" or
something else could be more relevant to RFC5201 terminology.
2. The functionality is not modular enough. I would add the HIT as an option
for triggering the bex (to trigger a normal base exchange).

The biggest problem is however:

3. The functionality what this does is largely redundant with "hipconf add
server". It could be piggypacked based on this functionality with a "do not
register anything" extra parameter. Note this would not prevent having a
different "hipconf foobar" option (this last comment is about code reuse, not
syntax).
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~cviethen/hipl/pisa-pairing/+merge/63577
Your team HIPL core team is subscribed to branch lp:hipl.