[hilac] Info on prenatal care providers and upcoming FASD event

  • From: "Audrey Inaba" <audrey.inaba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:54:08 -1000

Good morning,

Thank you South, East, West and North Hawaii consortia members for helping
to update the perinatal services matrices.  Thank you Eric for helping to
pull it together.  It is efficient and valuable to have members assist in
the updates because you are familiar with providers in your local areas.

Eric reminded us at a recent meeting that an annual update is important
because providers change.  While number of providers is just one piece of
the picture because there are limitations within individual provider
services ie. what kind of insurance they accept, eligibility criteria,
geographic limits etc., this matrix helps us to see a snapshot of what is
available within each district and informs us on a basic level re: services
that are scarce.

Attached is an update to the prenatal care providers list.  No major
changes, just added MD after Dr. Penland.  I also had it dated incorrectly.

Have a wonderful weekend.  Thank you for your commitment and sincere
efforts.  It is challenging to measure impact of prevention efforts, but
never underestimate the positive impact you have and the difference you make
in the lives that you touch.  My deepest appreciation.

I wanted to give an update on the plans for FASD awareness day.  The posters
re: alcohol in pregnancy for licensed establishments that serve/sell alcohol
are done.  We will officially roll it out at a proclamation signing with
Mayor Kenoi that is being coordinated for Sept.  The date is pending
confirmation.  You will receive an invitation through this listserv.  Others
who are not LAC membes but work with those affected by alcohol consumption
during pregnancy will also be invited.

Audrey K. Inaba, R.N.

Maternal and Child Support Services

State of Hawaii  Dept. of Health