Re: Thermostat setting in flight center

  • From: Peter Smith <petersmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tberry0916@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:01:49 -0500

Well the pipes did freeze, but fortunately thanks to Corky's intervention they didn't burst. It didn't help that the club house door stood wide open for quite a while. Those of us who spend every day on the hill have agreed that last Tuesday was the worst we've seen - bone-chilling cold and gale force winds all day long.

On Feb 14, 2011, at 10:57 AM, Tom Berry wrote:

Our weather station reports both outside and inside temperature for the flight center.  The attached graph of the inside temperature for the past week shows that either the thermostat was turned off/set very low -OR we ran out of propane on Tuesday.

In case someone set it too low or turned the heat off, just a reminder that we set the thermostat to 50-55 degrees when we are leaving.  If it gets too cold inside, the pipes could potentially freeze and burst.

And thanks to whoever noticed it was low on Wed. and turned it back up around mid-day.

<InsideTempHistory.gif>

Peter W. Smith
Director
National Soaring Museum