ASK 21 #6 Buff and Wax Completed

  • From: brbytes@xxxxxxx
  • To: hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 09:36:56 -0500

 A big thanks to the members who helped buff and wax #6. For those who haven't
been to the hill lately the entire runways were completely plowed. Although the
runways were clean and dry they had 4 to 5 foot berms of snow along the sides!
This meant we had to disassemble on the runway. It was a long and c c c cold
process as the control connections were stiff and did not want to let go easy.
My apologies to the members who swore I promised a "heated hanger" for the
entire process. Eventually Ed Funk our dis-assembly expert had us in the
hanger,door down and heat ON. After a quick wash Ed gave a great tutorial on
proper buffer usage and we were on our way. We finished with two coats of wax
and #6 looks like new.

  The process takes about 6 hours so again thanks to the team members who
volunteered their time.

Team:
Tom Berry, Fred Aydelotte, Phil Bell, Galo Grijalva, Lewis Olson, Todd Knapp,
Uwe Zinc.

 Also to those who stopped by and helped out;
Andy Brayer, Nikolai, Chris Butler. (sorry if I've missed someone)

Special thanks to Ed Funk for your guidance and experience.

Bryan Riegal